Hello, and happy Monday to you. I hope you had a good weekend.
Today I have a baby boy shaker card to share with you, created with lots of Simon Says Stamp products, gorgeous Pebbles Special Delivery papers (oh how I love those tiny stars… and that blue.), and my own Star Shine Sparkly Shaker Selection, available to buy HERE in my shop.
This card has quite a few stages, so I've included step-by-step instructions below, in case you are interested. :)
Simon's gorgeous Stitched Square and Stitched Circle dies make creating this type of shaker card so easy. The stitched edges add so much visual interest, and the bonus is the left over circle which also has a stitched edge. Perfect for use on another project. And that peek-a-boo bear? I love him. The sentiment was created by combining stamps from THIS and THIS set (and yes, I did a bit of stamp surgery to get my 'Sweet'). ;)
Seriously, the combination of these patterned papers makes me giddy. While I was watching my little one fall asleep last night, I was dreaming up the perfect paper pad… and all of these patterns featured heavily! And all that shimmer… makes me very happy.
Seriously, I am not sure I could have used more of my favourite products on one card!
1. Die cut a Stitched Square from the polka dot paper.
2. Die cut a Stitched Circle from the square. (I used the largest square die, and the 2nd largest circle die by the way.)
3. Cover a square notecard with checked paper.
4. Trim the star paper down to just smaller than the square die cut and adhere it to the card.
5. Line the die cut paper over the card and use it as a guide to stamp the sentiment.
6. Back the die cut circle with acetate then surround it with foam adhesive.
7. Create a pile of sequins and beads on the card then adhere the die cut square on top.
8. Stamp a bear on heart patterned paper and cut it out.
9. Tuck the bear into the die cut circle on top of the acetate and adhere in place.
Have a great day.